Bonuses and Promotions
Odds VS. The Competition
Ease of Download
BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code: TODAY
The BetMGM betting app is second to none, with a near perfect 4.8 App Store rating in the sports betting category that’s based on more than 72,000 reviews. This is due to its incredible stability, wide range of bets, and variety of promotions. And it’s all taken to new heights with the BetMGM Sportsbook promo code you can find below.
MGM is one of the biggest names in gaming. But it doesn’t rely on name recognition alone. From the high-quality BetMGM app to some of the most competitive odds around, this is a platform worth joining — for reasons beyond just having access to an exclusive BetMGM promo code. The BetMGM sports betting app is available in most states with legal betting.
Visit BetMGM: Use bonus code TODAY for a $1,000 risk-free bet
(Not available in New York)
BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code 2022
Use the BetMGM bonus code below for a risk-free first bet up to $1,000 in most of the states that BetMGM operates in, including Arizona, Michigan, Colorado, Nevada, Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
No matter which event you choose, you’ll receive your money back in free bets (if you lose), so you can bet again. Use the BetMGM bonus code below for your $1,000 Risk-Free Bet.
|BetMGM Bonus Code||TODAY|
|Type Of Bonus||$1,000 Risk-Free Bonus|
|Bonus Available In||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY|
|Verified For||December 2022|
Note: Risk-free bet not available in New York
Use the BetMGM bonus code: TODAY for a risk-free first bet up to $1,000. This bonus is perfect for the rest of the 2022 NFL season!
The terms and conditions are also pretty straightforward: if your risk-free bet is $50 or less, you’ll receive a single free bet credited to your account within 24 hours. If your risk-free bet is higher than $50, BetMGM will give you free bets in denominations equal to 20% of the wager.
Use your BetMGM Sportsbook Promo Code for any amount between $10 (minimum deposit) and $1,000. But you must use your free bets within seven days after they’re credited.
More BetMGM Sportsbook Promotions
Chances to win more money for less aren’t reserved for only new bettors either. Existing bettors have a wide range of BetMGM Sportsbook Promotions from which to choose. For example:
- The “Money Monday Club” credits $10 free bets every week you wager a total of $50.
- Cashback insurance on select parlays.
- Wide range of parlay odds boosters.
- Risk-free prop bets on high-profile events.
- MGM Rewards for betting credits and special offers at MGM Resorts.
From our BetMGM Sportsbook Code, to all the BetMGM Sportsbook Promotions available on its site every day, you’ll have plenty of extra chances to increase your win potential.
The BetMGM Sportsbook betting markets cover all the major leagues, D1 college sports, and international competitions like the World Cup. You can also bet on individual sports such as MMA, PGA, and tennis.
Further, you can easily navigate the various BetMGM Sportsbook betting markets using the “A-Z Menu.” This makes it easy to search for the sport, browse the options, see what’s available for live betting, and look at the promotions.
Easy Parlay Feature On BetMGM Sportsbook
One of the standout features among the BetMGM Sportsbook betting markets is the “Easy Parlay.” You can quickly select the type of bet you want to place (spread, total, or moneyline) and select sports like the NFL, college basketball, and even European soccer.
At BetMGM, you can create a parlay of any combination of bet type and sports, so the possibilities are endless. And the Easy Parlay feature makes it easy to let your creativity fly.
One of the most unique parlay options you’ll see in sports betting is the one-game parlay offered by the BetMGM Sportsbook. And you can probably guess what this means: you select more than one wager on a single game, such as a point spread, total, or a prop bet, and combine the three into a one-game parlay.
Track Your MGM Rewards and Promotion Progress
Because you have so many BetMGM Sportsbook Promotions available, as well as the MGM Rewards program, the app makes it simple to check your progress for each individual promotion.
For example, you can go to the “Money Monday Club” promo and see how close you are to wagering $50 that week. If you reach the threshold, you’ll receive a $10 FreeBet the following Monday.
While the BetMGM Sportsbook betting markets are impressively varied, you’ll also find much of the same at their competitors. Thankfully, you can add teams, sports, and specific events to your “Favorite” section and track the odds so you quickly place the right bet at the right time.
You can also watch all major sporting events directly through the BetMGM Sportsbook app by creating an account and making a deposit. That’s it – you do not have to wager on the match to watch it in its entirety when you’re a depositing member of the BetMGM Sportsbook.
2022 NFL Odds At BetMGM
BetMGM odds are among the most competitive on the market. Odds constantly change, however, so bettors can’t rely on only one sportsbook at a time. Bettors who are serious about having long-term success at sports betting must have multiple sportsbook accounts. BetMGM should be one of those accounts, and we’ll explain more as to why below:
How Do Point Spreads And Over/Unders Work?
If you’re in a state with legal online sports betting, then you’ll probably be placing a lot of point spreads and Over/Under wagers. Point spreads are bets on whether a team will win or lose by a certain number of points. Over/Unders, also known as point total bets, are wagers on whether a certain number of points will be scored during a game, or by a specific team.
There are similar strategies behind successfully betting on these wagers as well. Those who are betting the over, or the underdog, should be looking for the highest number. A bettor shouldn’t bet an underdog at +2 when +2.5 is available elsewhere. The opposite is true for those betting the under and betting favorites. Bettors want the smallest number here. They should bet -2 instead of -2.5, for example, when betting a favorite to win on the point spread.
The standard odds on Over/Unders are either -110 or -115 on each side. These odds, however, can change depending on the game. Because of this, bettors must always shop around for the best odds.
For example, here’s how BetMGM compared to Circa Sportsbook on a set of NHL puck lines in April 2022:
|BetMGM Puck Line Odds||Circa Sportsbook Puck Line Odds|
|Dallas Stars||+1.5 -175||+1.5 -182|
|Edmonton Oilers||-1.5 +145||-1.5 +153|
The puck line is the same at both books, as you see above. However, the odds on the Stars were better at BetMGM and the odds on the Oilers were better at Circa. That’s why it’s so important to shop around for the best odds, as well as the best number.
Does BetMGM Have The Best Moneyline Odds?
Moneyline odds are bets on who’ll win the game outright. It’s a straightforward win/loss bet. Moneyline betting is a popular way to bet on MLB games. The large variation in moneyline odds across sportsbooks also makes odds shopping especially important for moneyline betting. For example, here’s a sample of moneyline odds from BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel:
|Chicago White Sox||+110||+110||+110|
All three books had the White Sox at +110, but DraftKings and FanDuel’s odds were better than BetMGM’s. All in all, any of these books would’ve been good places to bet on the White Sox. But the best odds on the favorite were specifically at DraftKings and FanDuel.
These are the kinds of comparisons bettors need to get used to doing if they want to improve their sports betting strategies and long-term profitability.
How To Shop For The Best Futures Odds
Futures bets are wagers on major events that end the season. These include championship games, division winners, and award winners. When bettors are looking for sportsbooks to place futures bets at, they should consider a book’s theoretical hold.
The theoretical hold is how much money a book expects to keep after its bettors cash in. Higher theoretical holds mean lower potential return, and lower odds, overall for bettors. Lower theoretical holds mean higher (better) odds overall for bettors, and higher potential returns.
Bettors still have to odds shop across sportsbooks to find the best price on the team they’re putting money on though.
Here’s an example of this from BetMGM and DraftKings futures on 2023 NFL futures:
|NFL Futures Theoretical Hold||Tampa Bay Buccaneers Odds|
Note that the theoretical hold at these two books were almost identical. BetMGM’s theoretical hold was slightly higher, but BetMGM had better odds on Tampa Bay than DraftKings had. (For curious bettors, DraftKings also had better odds on the Chiefs at +1,000 while BetMGM had the Chiefs at +900)
Fifty points on positive odds is another $50 that bettors can win on a $100 bet. An example of this would be betting +150 (bet $100 to win $150), instead +100 (bet win $100 to win $100) on the same bet. Odds differences really matter in the long run, and bettors of all levels should get used to comparing odds across multiple books when it comes to their wagers.
BetMGM iOS App
The BetMGM mobile app is tied with DraftKings for the highest rating among sportsbooks in the App Store. Users praise its robust offerings, as well as its incredible reliability and stability. You can seamlessly place live bets while live streaming, and the same app is applicable to all states where BetMGM sports betting is licensed.
Simply search “BetMGM” in the App Store and download from there.
BetMGM Android App
The BetMGM Android App is just as good as the iOS version, which means it’s near-perfect. Until recently, the Google Play Store didn’t permit gambling apps of any kind in the store. This is ever-changing. DraftKings was the first to launch, and BetMGM joined shortly after. Although only available for direct download in certain states, BetMGM’s mobile app should become more widely available in late 2022 and 2023. Until it is available in your state, however, you’ll need to download it directly from the BetMGM website. Visit the site on your Android device’s web browser, then follow the steps.
You’ll need to allow a download from a third-party source to do this as well, so make sure you’re at BetMGM.com before starting the process here. Downloading from a different source is dangerous and not recommended.
BetMGM Sportsbook Site
BetMGM mobile betting is also available via BetMGM.com. You can access this option on your mobile device, tablet or computer. All the same options on the website are also available on the BetMGM mobile betting app and vice versa.
It’s easy to download the app and claim your BetMGM Promo Code. Here is a step-by-step guide for doing exactly that:
- iOS users can search “BetMGM” in the App Store, and Android users can visit BetMGM.com on their device’s web browser app. In some states, bettors can also download the BetMGM app directly from the Google Play Store.
- Download the BetMGM app and allow the app to verify your location. You can join from anywhere in the US, but you still have to turn on geo-tracking, even if you’re outside of a state where BetMGM is legal and licensed to operate.
- Create an account by providing your identity, contact information, and a unique password. You can also claim a welcome bonus, so make sure our BetMGM Promo Code “TODAY” is copied and you can paste it into the applicable section.
- Make a deposit using your preferred banking method such as PayPal, credit and debit card, or direct bank transfer.
- Use the BetMGM Promo Code (if you haven’t already) to bet part or all of your deposit for a risk-free bet up to $1,000.
- Tap the line you want and type in the size of the bet, and the BetMGM app will automatically display how much you stand to win.
- Submit the bet. If you win, you receive your bet and winnings. If you lose, the losses are refunded as FreeBets within 24 hours.
It’s that easy to download, join, and use the BetMGM Promo Code to try out the app risk-free.
BetMGM is one of the most accessible online sportsbooks in the US, available in over a dozen states with legal online sports betting, with plans to launch in upcoming legalized jurisdictions soon. For example, both BetMGM Puerto Rico and BetMGM Massachusetts are on the horizon. Unlike other sportsbooks with separate apps for each state (like BetRivers), there’s only one BetMGM app – it works in every state it’s available.
Be sure to choose your state when you first sign up. Not only will the wrong state mess up your geo-tracking, but you may also have fewer betting options to boot if done incorrectly. BetMGM also offers casino games and poker in the few states where it’s legal, such as New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. See full list of states available below.
BetMGM On the East Coast
Sports bettors in the Eastern US can play the following options:
- BetMGM Illinois
- BetMGM Louisiana
- BetMGM New York
- BetMGM New Jersey
- BetMGM Pennsylvania
- BetMGM Tennessee
- BetMGM Virginia
- BetMGM West Virginia
- BetMGM Washington DC
As long as you’re at least 21 and physically located within one of those states, then you can indeed bet on sports at BetMGM. Many New Yorkers have crossed state lines to play at BetMGM Pennsylvania and BetMGM New Jersey, and they will no longer need to leave home now that BetMGM NY is live in their state.
BetMGM is also looking to make its mark on the Mid-Atlantic region. Virginia was one of the states to launch sports betting in early 2021. BetMGM has since seen great success in the Virginia market, where the sportsbook made headlines after a golf bettor turned an $8 bet on the Open Championship into a $17,000 win. West Virginia is a competitive market because it permits both sports betting and online casinos.
BetMGM already operates a casino in Maryland, just outside of Washington DC, and it recently announced a partnership with the Baltimore Ravens. Plus, BetMGM is partnered with the Washington Nationals in DC and is expected to open a retail sportsbook at the ballpark. The BetMGM DC app is available for betting within the immediate vicinity of Nationals Park as well.
BetMGM In The Midwest
Three Midwest states currently offer BetMGM, and BetMGM Illinois is expected to launch sometime in the near future. BetMGM Michigan also became available in January 2021, and BetMGM Indiana and BetMGM Iowa are already two of the biggest names in Midwest sports betting.
The recent launch of BetMGM Kansas has been even bigger than what some in the industry expected. The Sunflower State has turned out in waves for legalized sports betting, making Kansas a surprisingly premier experience.
Say what you will about Nevada and New Jersey, but the Midwest has become a hub of quality sportsbooks thanks in part to the availability of BetMGM Indiana and Iowa.
Mountain States With BetMGM
Massive strides ahead of the West Coast, three Mountain States also offer some of the best sports betting in the country.
The most obvious is BetMGM Nevada, which also powers retail sportsbooks in the Las Vegas casinos like the Bellagio, MGM Grand and Park, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur.
The other is BetMGM Colorado, one of the best options in a state with tons to choose from. You can also bet at the BetMGM lounge in Empower Field at Mile High Stadium, as part of BetMGM’s partnership with the Broncos.
BetMGM also launched in BetMGM Wyoming on September 1, 2021, the day sports betting officially launched in the Cowboy State.
BetMGM In West Coast States
BetMGM Expansion Into New States
We are anticipating BetMGM to launch in a handful of states in late 2022 and early 2023. BetMGM Maryland voters legalized sports betting in late 2020, which means there’s a chance for BetMGM Maryland to be available in The Old Line State sometime in 2022. There’s also the upcoming BetMGM Ohio and online sports betting launch on January 1, 2023.
We also anticipate BetMGM launching in Maine. Make sure you’re checking each of these pages, as we have updates often!
North of the border, Canada officially legalized sports betting on a federal level in June 2021. It will now be up to the various provinces to provide legalization, rules, and regulations at the provincial level. So far, Ontario has approved several mobile betting apps to launch, including BetMGM Ontario – it launched in the province on April 4, 2022.
BetMGM Canada also announced a partnership with famed hockey legend Wayne Gretzky as part of its introduction to the Canadian sports betting market. BetMGM Canada announced a partnership with The Hockey News as well, an exclusive deal in which BetMGM will offer Hockey News stories and content on its Canadian sports betting app.
In almost every category of this BetMGM Sportsbook review, the app boasts a perfect score. The BetMGM Sportsbook app is simply as good as it gets. Its market depth includes a huge selection of sports, and some of the most competitive odds.
The only shortcoming we could identify is the relatively lackluster welcome offer, but that’s far from a dealbreaker for those planning to bet more than once.
Why You’ll Like It
- Consistently offers the best lines
- One of the most highly-rated sports betting apps
- Wide range of ongoing promotions and odds boosters
What Could Be Improved
- Welcome bonus offer is average, at best
- Risk-free bet refunded as FreeBets, rather than betting credits or real money
- Lack of phone support due to COVID-19
BetMGM App Review
Deposit And Withdrawal
Some states put restrictions on deposit and withdrawal methods, which means the options listed below may be different depending on where you’re using the BetMGM Sportsbook app.
For example, BetMGM Iowa does not allow credit card payments due to state law.
Most members can expect the following deposit and withdrawal options at BetMGM:
- Visa (Credit/Debit): This is probably the most popular method for easy and instant deposits, and withdrawals are also accepted. Before depositing with a credit card, make sure the transaction won’t count as a cash advance, which comes with fees.
- PayPal: You can use this world-renowned e-wallet for both deposits and withdrawals at BetMGM. Simply use your PayPal login to transfer the funds.
- Bank Transfer: Use your online banking login to transfer funds directly from your bank account to your BetMGM Sportsbook account.
- BetMGM Play Plus: You can create an e-wallet account directly through the BetMGM app, then transfer money to that separate account using a debit card or eCheck.
Deposit-only options for BetMGM include:
- MasterCard and Discover (Credit/Debit): A big advantage is instant deposits, but you’ll need to use a different method to cash out.
- PayNearMe: Stores in your area likely offer “PayNearMe” services, where you can pay in cash, receive a receipt with a barcode, then scan that barcode in the BetMGM app to make a deposit.
BetMGM Customer Support
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, BetMGM suspended its phone support option. However, when things open up across the US, BetMGM is likely to reinstate it.
Otherwise, you can use their 24/7 chat support as well as send them an email. Chat support rarely takes more than a few minutes, and they usually answer emails within two business days.
The BetMGM app is only available in certain states. Not only do those states have to have legal online sports betting, but BetMGM must have a license to operate there as well.
Here is every version of BetMGM legally available:
- BetMGM Arizona is licensed through the Arizona Division Of Gaming and has a partnership with the Gila River Indian Community and the Arizona Cardinals.
- BetMGM Colorado is licensed through the Colorado Division of Gaming in partnership with Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino, which has a BetRivers (not BetMGM) retail sportsbook. But BetMGM is the official partner of the Denver Broncos, and they’re opening a premium lounge in Empower Field at Mile High.
- BetMGM Indiana has a license with the Indiana Gaming Commission in partnership with Belterra Casino Resort, which has a retail sportsbook powered by FanDuel, rather than BetMGM.
- BetMGM Iowa launched in early 2021 with a license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. Like in Indiana, BetMGM’s casino partner Diamond Jo Casino offers a retail FanDuel sportsbook.
- BetMGM Louisiana launched on January 28, 2022 and is licensed by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. Its land-based partners include Amelia Belle, Delta Downs, Evangeline Downs, Sam’s Town Shreveport, and Treasure Chest.
- BetMGM Michigan went live in early 2021, the moment the Michigan Gaming Control Board gave the go-ahead. Unlike the above states, this app is partnered with MGM Grand Detroit, which also houses a BetMGM retail sportsbook.
- BetMGM New Jersey is licensed through the New Jersey Division of Gaming, and you can use your MGM Rewards points earned on BetMGM at Borgata Hotel Casino in Atlantic City.
- BetMGM New York is licensed by the New York State Gaming Commission. It launched in the state on January 17, 2022, and it’s currently not partnered with a retail casino.
- BetMGM Nevada is a major player in the heart of Las Vegas, with several casinos on The Strip housing retail BetMGM sportsbooks. Licensed by the Nevada Gaming Control Board, BetMGM is also the official sports betting partner of the Las Vegas Raiders.
- BetMGM Ontario is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- BetMGM Pennsylvania is licensed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and is the official sports betting partner of both the Philadelphia 76ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers. There is no retail BetMGM sportsbook in the state.
- BetMGM Tennessee is the official sports betting partner of the Tennessee Titans, the first partnership of its kind in the state. The app is licensed through the Tennessee Lottery.
- BetMGM Virginia was one of the first sportsbook apps to launch in Virginia in early 2021. The app is licensed by the Virginia Lottery.
- BetMGM Washington launched in December 2021. Sports betting has been legal in Washington state since March 2020, and BetMGM has a retail sportsbook at the Emerald Queen casino.
- BetMGM Washington, DC is licensed by the DC Lottery, and the Washington Nationals are its local partner.
- BetMGM West Virginia is licensed by the West Virginia Lottery, in partnership with The Greenbrier, which has a retail FanDuel Sportsbook.
BetMGM Bonus Code FAQ
Yes, BetMGM is a legal sports betting app available in the following states: New York, Louisiana, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. BetMGM Illinois launched on March 5, 2022, and BetMGM Washington is now also live. BetMGM Maryland is expected to launch in 2022 or early 2023 as well. If you are not physically present in one of those states, you cannot wager at BetMGM.
You can download the BetMGM app anywhere in the US. For iOS users, you can use the link on BetMGM.com or search for “BetMGM” in the App Store. For Android users, you’ll need to download the app directly from the BetMGM website, or in some states you can download directly from the Google Play Store. You must turn on geo-tracking to browse the app, but you don’t need to be a member to view it before joining.
Yes. The BetMGM iOS app is listed in the App Store. BetMGM.com also offers a direct link on the website. To bet using the BetMGM iOS app, you must be at least 21 years old and located in a state where BetMGM is licensed.
Yes. The BetMGM Android app is available in the Google Play Store for all states in which it operates except for Virginia, which is forthcoming (according to the app’s description). You can also use the direct link offered on the BetMGM.com website.
Yes. The BetMGM app for iOS and Android offers sports betting, casino games, and poker, all on the same app. The same is true for BetMGM.com via web browser on your mobile device, tablet or computer. However, some states only allow the BetMGM Sportsbook app; others allow sports betting, as well as online casino games and poker.
Get a bonus of up to $1,000 using the exclusive BetMGM promo code: TODAY at Gaming Today. You can also find other exclusive promotions to all the best online sportsbooks, the betting latest news, tips and strategies, and more. Cash in on a free chance to win at BetMGM today!
Yes! At the end of June 2022, BetMGM announced a partnership with The Tom Joyner Foundation. The Tom Joyner Foundation plays a major role in distributing scholarships and fundraising for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).