BetRivers Sportsbook’s odds are competitive, and it offers a large selection of bets. As a result, savvy sports bettors can get a lot out of cashing in on our BetRivers bonus code TODAYRIV. We rank the BetRivers App on a variety of factors, offering scores up to 5 points, particularly scoring well on the BetRivers bonus code offer. With our BetRivers bonus code, this app also offers one of the best bonuses in the industry.
This BetRivers promo code will provide a second chance bet up to $500, though the total amount varies by state. The best part? BetRivers doesn’t require a playthrough, which is incredibly rare!
BetRivers Bonus Code 2023
Use the BetRivers Sportsbook bonus code TODAYRIV to earn a 2nd Chance Bet up to $500 paid back in bet credits. The size of the welcome bonus is different in various states, check out the BetRivers welcome bonus details below to see what size welcome bonus you qualify for.
|BetRivers Bonus Code||TODAYRIV|
|2nd Chance Bet Credit||• IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, PA, & VA: Up to $500
• CO & NJ: Up to $250
• AZ, IA, NY, OH, & WV: Up to $100
|Terms And Conditions||No wagering requirement (best in the industry)|
|Available States||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, OH, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|Promo Code Verified For||December 5, 2023|
Our BetRivers promo code offers a first-time bettor the exclusive offer of a 2nd Chance Bet bonus up to $500 paid back in bet credits. There’s not a single further requirement in place, such as specific bets that make this bet qualify. Most sportsbooks limit the quality of return of your first wager, but not with this BetRivers bonus code.
The minimum qualifying deposit for this and most BetRivers Sportsbook bonus codes is $10. To receive the maximum bonus, you must wager $500. If you lose, they’ll provide a second chance in the form of bet credits, up to $500.
The BetRivers Sportsbook promotions will vary a bit depending on the state. For example, in Colorado and New Jersey, the welcome bonus is good for up to $250, while in New York and Ohio, it’s good for up to $100.
BetRivers also offers ongoing promotions and bet boosters to current bettors. For example, the NCAA men’s basketball “Profit Boost” promo increased win potential by 20% for all BetRivers members.
All real-money bets placed also contribute to the iRush Rewards loyalty ladder, where the more you wager, the better your BetRivers Sportsbook promotions become. The sportsbook also offers a BetRivers Refer-A-Friend program.
Biggest events to bet on at BetRivers from November 17-December 17
The winter season is always a big month for sports fans, and this year won’t be any different. BetRivers customers can find an exceptional range of betting lines on all the major action, including the NFL, NBA, NHL, and college sports. If you need a refresher on what’s coming up this month, here are our highlights:
- NFL Regular Season: We’re nearing the business end of the NFL season, with Weeks 11-15 coming up this month. That means by the time this month is through, we’ll have a very good idea of which teams are playoff-bound, and which ones will be watching on TV with the rest of us. BetRivers has a great range of NFL bets available, including game lines, futures, player props, and live bets.
- NBA Regular Season: The 2023/24 NBA season has been live for almost a month, and BetRivers customers have been enjoying the steady stream of odds and boosts on the basketball action. BetRivers has anywhere from 150 to 300 bets available on each game, plus a number of Quick Pick SGPs available.
- College Football: There’s hardly any time left in the NCAAF season, with the bowl games just around the corner. In the next couple weeks you can catch a number of high-profile matchups and rivalry games, like Ohio State vs. Michigan, Alabama vs. Auburn, Georgia vs. Georgia State, and Florida vs. Florida State. The regular season wraps up with Week 15 from December 4-10, and bowl games will kick off starting December 11.
- College Basketball: College football might get all the attention, but BetRivers also has a great range of NCAAB bets available from now all the way until March Madness. The bets are laid out by conference, and you can also find Quick Pick SGPs and futures for tournaments coming up this month, like the Continental Tire Main Event, Maui Invitational, Battle 4 Atlantis, ESPN Invitational, Vegas Showdown, and NIT Season Tip-off.
- NHL Regular Season: Last but not least, you can find a huge range of hockey bets this month at BetRivers Sportsbook. You can find game lines, player props, SGPs, live bets, and a number of futures, including on the winner of each division, player awards, and, of course, the 2023/24 Stanley Cup champion.
The BetRivers Sportsbook betting markets encompass all major US professional and college sports as well as international sports and competitions. For example, they’ll simultaneously list bets for an NCAA basketball matchup, an NFL playoff game, English Premier League soccer odds, and World Cup futures.
You can also find motorsports, fighting sports, golf, tennis, cycling, and more. In some states, BetRivers will offer bets on the Olympics, while it’s illegal in others.
Really, the BetRivers sportsbook betting markets are limited only by state regulations. If a state allows prop bets on in-state college schools, BetRivers will make that bet available. If the state restricts that form of bet, you won’t find it on the BetRivers app specific to that state.
Live Stream Feature
BetRivers allows you to live stream several different events, which is particularly useful for local college games and international sports that may not be available via your regular television provider. Most of what’s available throughout the BetRivers Sportsbook betting markets are available for live stream, making for some great in-game betting excitement.
Whether you bet on one sport or across the different BetRivers Sportsbook betting markets, every real-money bet of $10 is a point added to your iRush Rewards progress.
You’ll see your iRush Rewards progress bar at the top of the app when you’re logged in. When you’ve reached 40 points, you get access to a selection of exclusive bonus offers, and the rewards improve from there.
If you reach the VIP level, you receive luxury gifts, invitations to events, and other special treatment.
House Specials have their own section among the BetRivers Sportsbook betting markets, and they usually involve parlays and prop bets with enhanced odds. They’ll also offer special prop futures you can’t find anywhere else.
The House Specials feature at BetRivers is worth checking regularly.
2023 NFL Odds At BetRivers Sportsbook
BetRivers is part of a competitive tier of sportsbooks that constantly compete for the best lines. Odds constantly change, and sportsbooks balance their risk in different ways. No single sportsbook has the best odds every single time. That’s why the savviest bettors have multiple sportsbook accounts. Here’s why bettors should make BetRivers one of their go-to sportsbook accounts.
The Best Odds On Point Spreads And Over/Unders
Point spreads and over/unders are usually the same across sportsbooks. However, they can change a half-point at a time. Often, one market-making sportsbook will make the change and the other commercial books will follow. So, bettors should check the spread at a few books to make sure no one has moved. For underdog and over bets, bettors want the largest number possible. For favorite and under bets, bettors should look for the smallest number.
As with any bet, bettors should look for the best odds on these wagers. Over/under odds are typically close to identical across books. The standard odds on those are -110 on each side. But those odds can move as much as 20-30 points. So, bettors still have to odds shop for the best lines.
Here’s an example of that kind of odds shopping from an NHL match between the Bruins and the Penguins:
|BetRivers Over/Under Odds||DraftKings Over/Under Odds|
|Boston Bruins||O 6 +102||O 5.5 -120|
|Pittsburgh Penguins||U 6 -120||U 5.5 +100|
This is a good example to learn how to shop on odds and on over/unders. BetRivers has the better over at an even +6 and DraftKings has the better under at -5.5. The odds follow this same pattern. BetRivers has better odds on the over and DraftKings has better odds on the under.
This is the kind of odds shopping that strategic bettors learn to get good at.
Does BetRivers Have The Best Moneyline Odds?
Moneylines are bets on the winner of a game. While point spreads and over/unders are the most popular way to bet on certain sports, moneylines are particularly popular in baseball. Comparing odds is straightforward for moneyline bets, too. Here’s an example of 2022 MLB lines:
|BetRivers Moneyline Odds||BetMGM Moneyline Odds|
Here, BetRivers has better odds on the Cubs, and BetMGM has better odds on the Pirates. It’s an easy comparison to make, so bettors have no excuses not to odds shop on moneylines.
Does BetRivers Have The Best Futures Odds?
Futures odds have large differences between sportsbooks. So, bettors need to know how to find the best futures odds. One way is to calculate a book’s theoretical hold. The theoretical hold is the percentage of bettor money that a book expects to keep. Lower theoretical holds translate to higher odds for bettors and vice versa. Using an online futures calculator is a good way to weed out books that underprice their futures as a group.
But theoretical hold doesn’t tell the full story. It’ll help bettors whittle sportsbooks down to a group of particularly competitive books. But the best odds on a team can be hiding in any sportsbook market, regardless of theoretical hold. BetRivers’ and FanDuel’s 2022 NBA futures are a good example of this:
|Phoenix Suns Odds||+450||+550|
|NBA Futures Theoretical Hold||14.55%||14.50%|
These books’ theoretical hold is close enough that there aren’t huge differences between the odds overall. But FanDuel has far better odds on the Suns than BetRivers. That’s why bettors have to get in the habit of odds shopping and why BetRivers is a good option for bettors.
BetRivers iOS App
BetRivers mobile betting includes an iOS app in most states where it’s available. But there is no BetRivers iOS app for Indiana, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania. And in the states that do have the BetRivers mobile betting app for iOS, it’s rated poorly, with users complaining that the app quits unexpectedly and regularly freezes.
BetRivers needs to fix its iOS situation. In states that allow mobile betting apps, the vast majority of wagers are placed on mobile devices. And iOS devices are the most common.
In March 2021, the BetRivers Sportsbook iOS app in Colorado and Iowa rolled out with improved site navigation, better usability, and faster performance. Hopefully, these improvements will expand to other states and to the Android app as time continues.
BetRivers Android App
Thankfully for Android users, the BetRivers mobile betting experience is far better. BetRivers enters every state with an Android app ready to go, and you can download it directly on the website or through the Google Play Store in some states, including Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. Expect more states to be added to the list.
Simply visit the BetRivers site specific to your state using your Android device, then follow the steps. Or, download direct, but be sure to download the BetRivers app for your particular state.
BetRivers Sportsbook Site
If most sports bettors preferred to wager on their desktop, BetRivers wouldn’t have a bad score in this category. In fact, the BetRivers mobile betting experience is good if you simply bet on the BetRivers website using the web browser app on your iOS.
It’s not ideal, but it’s a stable, reliable, and well-designed platform for iOS users.
BetRivers Android App
It’s easy to download the BetRivers Android app. Visit the BetRivers website for your specific state and download the app directly from there.
As of June 2022, the BetRivers App was available to download direct but only in a few states. The first states with direct download were Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, and Pennsylvania, with others joining the list.
BetRivers iOS App
When you visit the BetRivers website specific to your state, they’ll have a link to the iOS app at the bottom of the page if there’s one available. You can also search the App Store directly, but make sure to download your state’s BetRivers app. For example, BetRivers Illinois won’t let you wager unless you’re physically inside the state.
Register With The BetRivers Promo Code
You can create an account, make a deposit, and utilize your BetRivers promo code in the same step-by-step process:
- Click the “Join Now” button.
- Create a screen name, enter your email, and create a strong, unique password.
- Enter your exclusive BetRivers promo code from Gaming Today.
- Add all the requested personal information, and make sure it matches your ID, as you may need to verify your identity.
- Choose your preferred deposit method. Some states, like Iowa, restrict credit card payments. Others accept all types of deposits, including credit cards, PayPal, online bank transfer, and even cash at a partnering casino cage.
With cash and bonus money in your account, you can place any combination of bets as long as the odds are -200. Otherwise, it won’t contribute to the 1x wagering requirement tied to the BetRivers promo code.
How to bet at BetRivers: Click the line you like, then add the amount to your betslip. The app or website will automatically calculate how much you stand to win. Then submit the bet. (It’s even easier than it sounds.)
BetRivers Sportsbook continues to expand across the US. Here’s a look at all the states where you can use the BetRivers online sportsbook app:
- Arizona: Arizona sports betting
- Colorado: Colorado sports betting
- Illinois: Illinois sports betting
- Indiana: Indiana sports betting
- Iowa: Iowa sports betting
- Louisiana: Louisiana sports betting
- Kansas: Kansas sports betting
- Maryland: Maryland sports betting
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts sports betting
- Michigan: Michigan sports betting
- Ohio: Ohio sports betting
- New Jersey: New Jersey sports betting
- New York: New York sports betting
- North Carolina (coming soon): BetRivers Sportsbook North Carolina
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania sports betting
- Virginia: Virginia sports betting
- West Virginia: West Virginia sports betting
BetRivers Sportsbook Availability
When new states launch mobile sports betting, BetRivers is almost always one of the first to launch. For example, BetRivers Massachusetts was able to launch immediately in March of 2023 when the Bay State began offering online sportsbooks.
For now, the BetRivers Sportsbook website and Android app are available in the following states with legal sports betting:
Sometimes forgotten about when we discuss the top sports betting apps, the BetRivers Arizona app is one of the strongest we’ve reviewed. Their deposits are good but not the best, but it does cater to players that don’t want to mess with messier terms and conditions. Check out their player-friendly promotions in Arizona!
BetRivers Connecticut (as SugarHouse)
Connecticut is of two states where BetRivers actually goes under the SugarHouse name due to an official partnership between the Connecticut Lottery and SugarHouse. The other is New Jersey. The Nutmeg State’s app may have a different name than BetRivers but you’re still getting high-quality service from the brand.
The BetRivers Colorado market has been fantastic since its legalization in May 2020. The blend of having more than 20 apps available to in-state residents and 17 different retail sportsbook locations allows bettors to have their choice of where to partake. BetRivers Colorado has done well with their excellent deposit bonus, so give them a shot!
Thankfully, Illinois got rid of its requirement for in-person registration for sports betting. The Chicago Bears partner has been offering terrific, competitive odds since the launch in June 2020. Check out BetRivers Illinois for your Chicago-based betting desires!
The BetRivers brand launched alongside DraftKings right when the state of Indiana allowed action to be placed, and that advantage has helped them carve out a strong following. With terrific collegiate sports teams to go with pro teams, BetRivers Indiana is one of the premier states seeing sports betting participation rise every month.
One of the longest-opened states for legal sports betting, BetRivers Iowa has seen continued growth over the course of its lifespan. Because Iowa doesn’t have any major league sports franchises, in-state NFL fans often tend to bet on the Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears, and Minnesota Vikings.
BetRivers launched in Louisiana in early 2022. See our BetRivers Louisiana review for promo codes available from top apps. Expect the state to see even more action flow in as college football and NFL brings a new set of fans to the market.
BetRivers Maryland launched when sports betting went live in the state on November 23, 2022. BetRivers offers competitive welcome bonuses, and their post-launch offers have been strong in MD.
BetRivers Massachusetts is still in its infant stages as MA became the latest state to legalize online betting, but early results are encouraging. Be sure to visit the BetRivers MA page often for the latest updates!
Did you know that the Michigan sports betting market is in the top-five of any legalized state? Few would have guessed that, but the strong support from their fans have driven Michigan to rival bigger markets. Expect Michigan to be even more active as the Detroit Lions and Michigan Wolverines are surging towards more success in 2022-23.
BetRivers New York
BetRivers New York launched in early 2022 with fantastic results thus far. Check out our review for updates on the best affiliate codes since their push to drive downloads and exposure is at an all-time high now.
Your time arrived in January, Ohio. We saw legalization to take place as the ball dropped on January 1, 2023, and the state hasn’t disappointed thus far. The Buckeye State is positioned to become a midwestern powerhouse in no time.
Sharing the honor of having a physical location with SugarHouse Sportsbook at Rivers Casino (BetRivers is in Pittsburgh while SugarHouse is in Philadelphia), the BetRivers brand is strong in Pennsylvania. The state has done an excellent job building its user base and building interest since first legalizing.
With less than two years under their best BetRivers Virginia has celebrated quick success with their sportsbooks. Between 14 sportsbook apps to choose from, it’s not too hard to find the best of the best after quick review. There’s no question that BetRivers has established themselves as a strong option for users.
BetRivers New Jersey
Arguably the strongest market in sports betting outside of Nevada, BetRivers New Jersey has maintained powerhouse status with their excellent new user offers. Rebranded from the SugarHouse name, BetRivers New Jersey is a must-try. Download their app today and cash in with sweet promo and bonus offers!
BetRivers West Virginia
New to the party, BetRivers West Virginia has launched! After partnering with Century Casinos and Mountaineer Casino, BetRivers West Virginia was able to bust into one of the more surprisingly successful markets of the U.S. Be sure to jump on their promo code and start reaping the iRush Rewards!
If you’re set to the wrong state when you visit the site, use the dropdown on the upper left corner of the homepage to switch to your state. To wager at BetRivers, you must be within state lines. However, you can join, deposit, and cash out from anywhere in the country.
BetRivers launched in New York and Louisiana in January 2022, and Arizona in Fall 2021 in a partnership with the Arizona Rattlers.
BetRivers iOS App
BetRivers has rolled out iOS apps in states where it’s available over time. Initially, the BetRivers apps were only available in Colorado and Iowa, but it has since launched more apps for states like Arizona, West Virginia and Virginia. BetRivers made significant improvements to its iOS app in 2021.
Is BetRivers More Available Than Most Sportsbooks?
BetRivers is among the most available sportsbooks in the US. BetRivers Colorado and BetRivers Indiana stay highly popular despite such competitive markets. BetRivers was the first sports betting app to launch in Illinois and still remains popular with Illinois bettors.
The only online sportsbooks available in as many or more states than BetRivers include:
If you’re in a state with online sports betting, there’s a good chance that most or all of these options are available. For example, BetRivers Pennsylvania, BetRivers Indiana, and BetRivers Iowa share a state with all of the above.
But the comparable brands are a small portion of the total number of legal online sportsbooks in the US. Even big brand names like Caesars Sportsbook, FOX Bet, and Barstool Sportsbook are only available in a small number of states.
A careful review of the BetRivers sportsbook app revealed a solid option for sports bettors, with competitive odds and a deposit match bonus offer with a 1x wagering requirement.
However, our BetRivers Sportsbook review identified a few areas where this platform falls short, particularly its lack of a reliably available iOS app in some states. This will hopefully continue to change for the better in 2022.
So, if you’re willing to take the great with the mediocre, you can have a highly enjoyable experience with the BetRivers sportsbook app.
Why You’ll Like It:
- Best welcome bonus in US sports betting
- Great terms and conditions on bonuses
- Competitive odds
What Could Be Improved:
- iOS app is either unavailable or low-quality, but improving in 2022
- Uncreative features
- Different app for every state
BetRivers App General Review
Deposit And Withdrawal
BetRivers offers different banking methods depending on the state. As an example, BetRivers Illinois offers the following deposit options:
- Credit/Debit Card, the easiest and most popular option, especially if the information is saved to your device.
- Online Banking (ACH), where you log in to your banking account directly through the BetRivers app or website to transfer money to and from your sportsbook account.
- PayPal. BetRivers, like most top apps, is among the sports betting sites that accept PayPal. You will need to PayPal for deposits if you want to also use it for withdrawals, according to BetRivers policy.
- PayNearMe Locations, such as Walgreens, CVS, and 7Eleven.
- Cash at casino cage, which is usually a Rivers Casino location.
- BetRivers Play+ Card, a web wallet offered by BetRivers.
For withdrawal methods, the options get a bit more limited, as you can’t use PayNearMe or credit and debit cards. At BetRivers Pennsylvania, you can cash out using:
- Online Banking (ACH)
- Cash at casino cage
- PayPal, but BetRivers only allows this as a withdrawal method if it was used for deposits.
- BetRivers Play+ Card
- Check by mail, which may take up to two weeks to get to you.
BetRivers Customer Support
BetRivers offers great online chat support that you can utilize even before creating an account. Make sure to specify which state you’re inquiring about by using the dropdown box. This is available via mobile app and through the website.
For less urgent matters, you can also send them an email.
Here’s how the BetRivers Sportsbook is positioned across the United States:
- BetRivers Colorado is licensed by the Division of Gaming through a partnership with McGills Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek, where you can also visit the retail BetRivers Sportsbook and bet in-person.
- BetRivers Illinois is the Rivers Casino sports betting app, which is licensed through the Illinois Gaming Board and located in Des Plaines.
- BetRivers Indiana is licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission through a partnership with French Lick Resort, which has its own retail sportsbook separate from BetRivers.
- BetRivers Iowa launched in early January 2021, the moment the in-person registration requirement expired in the state. You can also bet in-person at Rivers Casino in Riverside, and both the retail and online BetRivers are licensed by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- BetRivers Kansas launched on September 1, 2022. It was approved for launch by the Kansas Lottery.
- BetRivers Louisiana launched on January 28, 2022. It was approved for launch by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board.
- BetRivers Maryland recently opened their first non-casino retail sportsbook at Bingo World. This is Maryland’s first retail betting station outside of a casino. The online wagering began right before Thanksgiving 2022.
- BetRivers Michigan launched in late January 2021 as an online sportsbook and casino with the approval of the Michigan Gaming Control Board, and a retail BetRivers sportsbook is located at Little River Casino Resort.
- BetRivers New York launched in January 2022 and is licensed by the New York State Gaming Commission.
- BetRivers Ohio launched on January 1, 2023.
- BetRivers Pennsylvania and PlaySugarHouse Pennsylvania (essentially the same) are licensed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to offer both casino games and sports betting, as well as a retail sportsbook inside Rivers Casino Pittsburgh and Rivers Casino Philadelphia.
- BetRivers New Jersey is actually PlaySugarHouse New Jersey, but you can expect the same welcome bonus, iRush Rewards program, and even the same odds. It’s licensed through the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- BetRivers Connecticut is actually Sugarhouse Connecticut due to regulations not allowing the BetRiver brand in the state due to it also being a retail casino brand. Sugarhouse is licensed through the CT Lottery.
- BetRivers West Virginia is licensed by the West Virginia Lottery and has a partnership with five physical locations within the state. Those casinos include the Century Casinos and Mountaineer Casino.
BetRivers Bonus Code FAQ
Use the BetRivers bonus code TODAYRIV to get a second-chance bet worth up to $500. You’ll receive a bonus bet refund if your initial bet with the sportsbook loses. The size of the welcome bonus varies by state, see the BetRivers sign-up bonus table above for full details.
Yes. BetRivers is a legal online sportsbook available in several states including Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia as well as New Jersey and Connecticut as PlaySugarHouse. You must be physically located in one of these states to wager at BetRivers, and the app will not accept bets placed from unlicensed locations.
Yes, BetRivers offers an iOS app available through the Apple iOS store. The BetRivers iOS apps are poorly rated in the App Store, and some users find a better experience betting via web browser.
Yes. BetRivers offers an Android app in all states where the online sportsbook is available. Visit the BetRivers website, choose your state using the dropdown, and use the download link at the bottom of the page (if the site doesn’t automatically prompt you to download).
The BetRivers app is also available in the Google Play Store in certain states.
The BetRivers online casino games are available on a separate Android app, which you can download from the Casino section. This casino app is only available in states with legal online casinos such as Michigan.
Yes. The BetRivers Casino app is available exclusively for Android users and can be played in Pennsylvania and Michigan. The same app, reskinned as PlaySugarHouse Casino, is also available in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Bettors in those states can also bet on BetRivers (or PlaySugarHouse) online casino games using the web browser app on their computer or iOS device.
Unfortunately, neither BetRivers Sportsbook nor BetRivers Casino has a no-deposit bonus code. Only new users qualify for our BetRivers bonus code that lands you a sweet second-chance offer.
Yes, when you enter the BetRivers affiliate code TODAYRIV, you’ll qualify for a second-chance bonus bet sign-up promo worth as much as $500. Full details can be found in the BetRivers Sportsbook sign-up bonus section above.