They say to win you have to knock off the champion. For the New York Mets, that’s the case in the challenge to win the National League East. The defending World Series champion Braves still wear the crown and are making a push to catch the first-place Mets, and our DraftKings promo code offers a $50 free bet to wager on the weekend series between these teams, plus a 20% deposit match up to $1,000.
This weekend, the Mets and Braves complete a five-game series with four crucial meetings at Citi Field from Friday to Sunday. The bullpens will be tested with all that baseball in a short timeframe.
MLB fans can qualify for a sports betting promotional offer from DraftKings Sportsbook that can be used for Braves vs. Mets or any other MLB game this weekend, plus any number of events offered on the sports betting app.
With so many sportsbooks to choose from, why DraftKings? Well, select DraftKings if you want a superior betting experience with odds boosts and a fun same-game parlay builder tool. Or if you want a $50 free bet just for signing up.
4.8 Stars out of 5: DraftKings Sportsbook
Our reviewers at Gaming Today give the DraftKings Sportsbook app a glimmering 4.8 stars. Why? Because DraftKings offers thousands of betting opportunities each day, including the most MLB bets you can find for individual games.
You’ll also find odds boosters and promotions almost daily from DraftKings, an industry leader in sports betting. All you need to do is open your DraftKings account, make an initial deposit, grab a promo offer, and start betting on the Mets, Braves, or any MLB team.
DraftKings Sportsbook Features
- Download for iOS or Android
- Easily deposit funds from your credit or debit card, PayPal, bank account
- Track your favorite teams to see special odds boosters
- Use Same Game Parlay builder to create your own exciting parlay bets and have the chance to win big
- View Live In-Game results and odds
- Qualify for DraftKings VIP program to get exclusive benefits and enhanced promotional offers, as well as your own personalized contest with friends
- Receive payouts securely and quickly
Register here: DraftKings promo code for $50 free bet + $1,000 bonus
Braves at Mets, Aug. 5-7
The division rivals will play four games this weekend at Citi Field in Flushing, including a day/night doubleheader on Saturday. Pitching matchups will be revealed as the weekend progresses.
- Friday, Aug. 5, 7:10 p.m. EDT: Ian Anderson (9-6, 4.99) vs. Taijuan Walker (9-2, 2.79)
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 1:10 p.m. EDT: Max Fried (10-3, 2.58) vs. Max Scherzer (7-2, 2.13)
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 7:10 p.m. EDT: Jake Odorizzi (4-3, 3.75) vs. David Peterson (5-2, 3.54)
- Sunday, Aug. 7, 4:10 p.m. EDT: Spencer Strider (6-3, 2.79) vs. Jacob deGrom (0-0, 1.80)
Mets and Braves Betting Trends and Notes
- Mets games have gone OVER the Total Runs in four of last five games.
- According to Baseball Reference, Mets have a 99.9% chance to make the postseason, and a 9.6% chance to win World Series. Check our updated World Series odds here.
- Same source claims Braves have a 98.8% chance to get to the postseason, and are 5.7% to win World Series.
- James McCann is hitting .556 against Ian Anderson in 10 plate appearances.
- Robbie Grossman, recently acquired by Atlanta, is .385 with a home run off Taijuan Walker.
- The Braves are just 3-6 in extra-inning games, but the Mets are 9-1.
- The Mets lead over Atlanta was 10 1/2 games on June 1, it’s now at 4 1/2 entering Friday’s game.
- Mets right-hander Jacob deGrom will make his second start of the season on Sunday after sitting out with an arm injury from March through July.
- The Braves may not regret letting Freddie Freeman leave as a free agent last offseason: replacement Matt Olson has outhomered him 21-16, and has only one fewer RBI than Freeman does for the Dodgers. Olson has quickly become a popular player in Atlanta.
Same-Game Parlay Pick for Friday, Mets vs. Braves
Here’s my same-game parlay pick for Friday’s game between the Mets and Braves:
- Pete Alonso to Hit a Home Run
- 5+ Ian Anderson Strikeouts Thrown
Odds are +800 on this same-game parlay from DraftKings. A winning $100 bet pays out $900, including the initial $100 wager.
More than any MLB batter, baseball is a home run derby for Pete Alonso. The Mets slugger has hit three dingers in his last 15 trips to the plate. He’s as streaky a home run hitter as we’ve seen since Big Frank Howard or Dave “King Kong” Kingman, to pick a former Mets slugger.
Braves starter Ian Anderson is finding efficient ways to get outs, recording nine Ks in his last start against the Diamondbacks. The New York-born right-hander has 21 strikeouts in his last 19 2.3 innings. All we need is five whiffs from Sir Ian to get this leg of the parlay.
Bet MLB at DraftKings: Grab a $50 free bet, plus $1,000 sign-up bonus