Hate to say we saw that coming. The Boston Red Sox were dominated by the Astros in ALCS Game 5, with Framber Valdez tossing an absolute gem. The Red Sox being priced the favorites made no sense, and we cashed on the underdog rather easily.
The Astros are now on the brink of winning the ALCS and going to another World Series. They have an incredibly deep roster and have been steady throughout the playoffs after having arguably the hardest road in baseball to get to this point. They have met the challenge.
They now have the benefit of finishing this series at home in Houston.
Expected ALCS Game 6 Starting Pitchers
Luis Garcia vs. Nathan Eovaldi
While the Astros have yet to announce theiGr Game 6 starting pitcher, it is widely expected to be rookie Luis Garcia on the mound in Houston.
Red Sox Astros Game 6 Odds And Updated Series Price
The Boston Red Sox are getting plenty of respect from oddsmakers, who believe in Nathan Eovaldi. Eovaldi pitched out of the bullpen in Tuesday’s Game 4, so it is unlikely he goes very deep into Friday’s Game 6. Still, the Red Sox are short underdogs of +112 (FanDuel) and +115 (DraftKings).
Sports bettors had the opportunity to play the Astros at -135 to win the series before Game 5. With Houston adjusted to -500 on PointsBet to win the series, there is no more value in the series price. The Sox are +350 to win two in a row and claim the pennant, but the more conservative approach would be to wait and see if they can eke out a Game 6 win.
Red Sox ALCS Game 6 Keys To Victory
- What many didn’t think would happen in this series has happened: the Boston Red Sox bats have gone ice cold. They have no way of winning this series if the lineup continues to struggle. Kike Hernandez, Xander Bogaerts, and Kyle Schwarber — the first three batters in the lineup — were 0-12 combined in Game 5. Game 6 needs a better showing from the Boston lineup.
- Eovaldi is the Red Sox best pitcher. He has delivered plenty of clutch moments in his career and will need to work through the Houston lineup efficiently. He did throw over 20 pitches during the Game 4 fiasco and is starting just a few days later in Game 6, so it’s all hands on deck for the Red Sox.
- If Eovaldi gets into the sixth inning while giving up two runs or less, he gives the Red Sox a shot to win. If he can’t get that far, the Red Sox’s taxed bullpen will be in a nightmare scenario.
Astros ALCS Game 6 Keys To Victory
- Look who finally woke up! The Astros appeared to break free of their slump in the ninth inning of Game 4 and that carried over into the final innings of Game 5. The Astros’ impressive lineup is showing up again when it matters most.
- Houston needs to get Eovaldi out of this game early and dig into the Red Sox’s ineffective bullpen. Boston did not do a good enough job filling this hole at the trade deadline, and these problems have manifested themselves in a big way in this series. Houston will continue to take advantage.
- Whether it is Luis Garcia, Jake Odorizzi, or Cristian Javier getting the bulk of the work, Framber Valdez gave the Astros what they needed: length to let their bullpen recover. A huge development, everyone in the Houston bullpen will be available Friday.
ALCS Game 6 Betting Picks
I am hesitant to bet on either team’s moneyline, but this is the tied as the lowest total we have seen in this series. The OVER has cashed in every game so far. Why would it stop now?
Over 8.5 -115 (DraftKings)