Station Casinos, a division within Red Rock Resorts, announced on Monday a series of operational changes to bring the company in line with Gov. Steve Sisolak’s new guidelines.
In a memo to all employees, Station Casinos said the changes include all slot machines are to be cleaned and sanitized at a minimum of every two hours. A maximum of three players are permitted at table games, and they have also reduced the number of seats in their bingo and keno lounges by 50 percent.
“We are reducing the number of available windows at all of our race and sports books,” the company said.
Other changes include increasing staff at all buffets to serve guests, reducing capacity in all meeting and convention venues by 50 percent, along with capacity of entertainment and bar venues by 50 percent.
“We are reducing the days and/or hours of operations at our Red Rock and Green Valley Ranch spa and salons,” the memo said. “In addition, and as previously planned, we are temporarily closing the Palms Casino Resort spa and salon due adjacent construction activities.”
On Sunday, Sisolak issued new guidelines for all casinos that are still operating in the state as new cases of the coronavirus were reported and Wynn Resorts and MGM Resorts International announced the temporary closure of their casinos.
“As we all know gaming is the lifeblood of Nevada’s economy,” Sisolak said.
But to protect public health and safety, Sisolak said he strongly supports any properties decision to close to the public. He also encouraged all gaming companies “to do their best to protect the pay and benefits of their workforce.”
Station Casinos, along with Boyd Gaming and Caesars Entertainment, have not closed any casinos in Las Vegas, but have closed venues and in some cases furloughed staff.