The 2023 NCAA football season is here. We’re ready to break down the best college football betting sites and sportsbook apps.
Is it a matter of competitive odds, a lower vig, a generous welcome bonus, etc.? It depends on just what you want when betting on college football. With reviews for the best college football betting sites and apps, you can find one that not only fits your needs, but exceeds them.
Best College Football Betting Sites in September 2023
Enjoy college football welcome bonuses when you sign up for a new account with the following sportsbooks in your area:
What makes a sportsbook app or site the “best” for college football betting will depend to some degree on what you are looking for when betting on college football online. Every sportsbook will offer competitive college football odds. However, odds will vary from one to the next depending on the action a book has taken on one side of a bet.
That is why line shopping is something everyone should do; it allows you to enjoy the best available odds when you place a bet. But all NCAAF sportsbooks and sportsbook apps are not made equal. The following is a breakdown of the best college football betting apps:
Top National NCAAF Betting Sites
Here are the best betting sites for NCAA football across the United States. Most states with legal sports betting will have these operators available online.
It is hard to find fault with the BetMGM website or sportsbook. The odds are competitive, the welcome bonus is generous, and the app is as clean and reliable as they come and available for Android and iOS devices. While some sportsbooks do not do much for bettors outside of the welcome bonus, BetMGM offers all users various promotions, bonuses, and boosted odds.
- Use BetMGM bonus code TODAY when signing up
- Available in: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, OH, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY - Note: Offer not available in DC, MS, NV or NY
Caesars is another excellent option for online college football betting. Much like the site, the app is clean and easy to navigate, which is great when you’re trying to find one game out of the many often offered on any given Saturday during the college football season. The welcome bonus has one of the higher max values in the industry, and Caesars will often have several promotions running for all users to enjoy.
- Use Caesars Sportsbook promo code TODAY1000 when signing up
- Available in: AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA & WV
The BetRivers welcome bonus was a 100% deposit match up to $250, which certainly separated them from the competition. But they recently switched to an industry-standard bonus bet with a max value of $500 ($100 in New York). However, the terms and conditions are among the most user-friendly in the industry, which still makes it an enticing offer.
- Use BetRivers bonus code TODAYRIV when signing up
- Available in: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, OH, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV
FanDuel established its name as one of the leading daily fantasy providers before joining the sportsbook industry — where it has become an industry leader yet again. Its vast selection of college football betting markets will give you plenty of options on game day.
The website is second to none, and FanDuel also has one of the industry’s most reliable sports betting apps. If you are looking for various betting markets and competitive odds, then you’ll be happy with FanDuel.
- No FanDuel promo code needed
- Available in: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
Like FanDuel, DraftKings established its name as a leader in the daily fantasy space before branching out into the online sports betting industry. If you are interested in betting on the go, DraftKings has one of the best — if not the best — mobile betting platforms in the industry.
However, while the app is stellar, DraftKings relies heavily on brand recognition. Its welcome bonus has a high maximum value, and the terms and conditions make it less enticing.
- No DraftKings promo code needed
- Available in: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, OH, PA, VA, WV & WY
PointsBet’s “PointsBetting” wagering style helps set it apart from the rest. But those who are into NCAAF betting will like the boosted odds markets offered on Game Day and the extensive selection of prop bets for each game. If there is ever a market you are interested in but can’t find odds for, PointsBet offers a ‘name-your-bet’ option. Submit a proposed wager and PointsBet may give it odds and post it to the site/app.
- No PointsBet promo code required
- Available in: CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA & WV
How to Pick the Best NCAAF Betting App
Before picking the best college football betting app, you have to decide what you are looking for in a betting app. Every app will offer competitive odds and a variety of ways to bet on college football. You will see the most significant differences in the welcome bonuses, ongoing promotions, and the sportsbook’s mobile app.
Many states will have smaller-scale or local/regional operators and national brands like DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars, PointsBet, and BetRivers. While the odds will still be competitive, they may not offer as many markets.
Generally, the best experience will be at national brands. We recommend these most to users across the US. This is also similar when reviewing the best NFL betting sites currently available.
How We Rate NCAAF Betting Sites
With the sheer number of sportsbooks offered in most states where online sports betting is legal, it can be overwhelming to decide which one(s) to use. So, to make it easier for you to begin betting on college football, we evaluate sportsbooks based on factors bettors find to be the most important:
- Bonuses and promotions
- Sportsbook Features
- Odds vs. the Competition
- Mobile App
- Ease of Download
How to Sign Up With a College Football Betting Site or App
The process involved in signing up for an online college football betting site or app is easy:
- Download the app for the sportsbook(s) you want to join to your mobile device.
- Register for a new account; use our exclusive promo code when prompted.
- You’ll need to provide certain information, i.e., name, mailing address, birthday, email, social security number, and phone number.
- The sportsbook will have you verify your information (usually with a follow-up email).
Just like that, you have signed up. But before you can bet, you must make your first deposit.
Restrictions on College Betting Online
While college football championship odds and college football bowl game odds are insanely popular, some states have had concerns over the integrity of the game and athletes when it comes to sports betting. As a result, some states have imposed restrictions on betting on college sports:
- New Jersey sports betting: Prohibited on college teams from New Jersey or on college sports events held in New Jersey.
- Illinois sports betting: Prohibited on games involving teams from in-state colleges and universities; prop betting and in-play prop betting are also banned.
- Colorado sports betting: Games involving teams from Colorado are legal, but bets on player performance are not (player prop bets). Sorry, Buffalo fans — no college bowl props the next time CU makes a bowl game.
- Tennessee sports betting: Games involving teams from Tennessee is legal, but bets on player performance (player prop bets) and live prop betting are not. That means no college bowl live betting on the Volunteers.
- Virginia sports betting: Prohibited on games involving teams from in-state colleges and universities; no prop bets or in-play betting.
- New Hampshire sports betting: Prohibited on games involving teams from in-state colleges and universities.
- New York sports betting: Prohibited on collegiate sports events held in-state and on games/events involving teams from New York.
- Oregon sports betting: College sports betting via the state-run app is prohibited, but you can bet on them at a tribal casino that offers sports betting.
- Rhode Island sports betting: Prohibited on college teams from Rhode Island and on events held in-state.
- Washington DC sports betting: Prohibited on games involving teams from in-state colleges and universities.
- Arizona sports betting: No prop bets allowed — player or team.
- Connecticut sports betting: Prohibited on games involving in-state colleges and universities.
- Iowa sports betting: No player props on players from in-state teams.
College Football Betting Sites & Apps FAQ
College football betting, online or retail, is legal in states that have passed the applicable laws and have developed the necessary regulations. Many states with legal online sports betting also have restrictions regarding NCAAF betting.
That will depend on what you want in your college football betting sites. At GamingToday.com, we consider BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars Sportsbook, BetRivers, and PointsBet great options for betting on college football. We might see a promo code for ESPN Bet yet this season too.
No, you cannot use an app for sports betting in a state where sports betting is not legal. You will need to be physically located in a state where betting is legal.
You can use any of the following national brands for betting on college football: DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars, BetRivers, or PointsBet to bet on college football. It is not uncommon for states to also have smaller-scale operators.
As long as a sportsbook is licensed to operate inside your state, you can trust that your information and money are safe.