If you’re in New Jersey and you had your sports betting and gaming apps in alphabetic order, it’s time to reorganize them. On Monday, the PlaySugarHouse name was replaced with BetRivers Online Casino and Sportsbook.
The rebranding by Rush Street Interactive, which owns both the PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers brands, was long expected. During the transition period, both logos appear on the top of the app and website in New Jersey, to lessen confusion.
In 2019, Rush Street Interactive created an online division (Rush Gaming) for its gaming products, and it chose to name its app after SugarHouse Casino in Pennsylvania, a property it still owns. That casino has since been rebranded as Rivers Casino Philadelphia.
With BetRivers now active in several markets, Rush Street may eventually retire the “SugarHouse” brand entirely. But in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, the “PlaySugarHouse” name is still on the company’s sports betting and gaming app, either by itself or adjacent to the BetRivers brand.
The name change is purely cosmetic: none of the functionality of the app has changed, and for gamblers or sports bettors in New Jersey, their existing accounts will function as they always have. No interruption of withdrawals or deposits will occur.
To celebrate the name change, BetRivers is running a promotion called “BetRivers Bonus Bash,” which offers new users free sports bets, cash bonuses, wheel spins, and entries into online tournaments.
Sports Betting in New Jersey
In 2016, PlaySugarHouse launched in New Jersey for gaming, and two years later the company launched a sports betting app. New Jersey, with Nevada, is one of the early adopters of both gaming and sports betting and is seen as a leader in the sports betting space since the US Supreme Court overturned PASPA in 2018.
Since 2018, New Jersey has reported a total sports betting handle of $28.5 billion, the highest total in the United States. That’s resulted in more than $1.8 billion in adjusted revenue and more than $242 million in taxes paid to the state.
In the most recent month reported, June 2022, New Jersey had a total sports betting handle of $633.1 million, generating $4.9 million in tax revenue for the Garden State.
CA SPORTS BETTING FUTURE: California’s Prop 27 Sports Betting Ballot Initiative, Explained
What Makes BetRivers Sports Betting App Different
The BetRivers Online Casino and Sportsbook should be highlighted for the special features it offers, especially in the way the app provides an easy-to-use interface.
- More than most other sportsbooks, BetRivers lists local teams (based on your jurisdiction) in the nav menu at the left, making it very simple to get to the odds for your favorite teams,
- “House Specials” is a prominent menu item, making it easy to see the current BetRivers bet specials.
- From the “Streaming Live” tab, you can quickly see all events that are taking place or will soon be starting. BetRivers updates the odds in real-time.
- BetRivers is the only major sports betting app that loads a Support Chat window with only one-click. This makes it convenient to access resources or chat with a customer service rep.
- The iRush Rewards program is the easiest loyalty program to join and the simple explanation and nice graphics and tables illustrate your reward tiers very easily.
Register at BetRivers: Use Code SHARP250 for $250 Bonus