PayNearMe, one of the largest payment processors in the United States, is now offering cash deposits directly to iGaming and sports betting accounts at Walgreens. The move adds more than 8,000 locations nationwide, including 555 stores in the state of New York through Walgreens’ Duane Reade brand, at which sportsbook customers can deposit money.
The ability to add cash instantly to an iGaming or sports betting account anonymously at a Walgreens is both convenient and responsible. Players who prefer to utilize cash for their betting activity must go to a location and present a barcode for the transaction, which removes the temptation to add money with “one-click” via a mobile device or home computer. It’s also secure and reliable.
“Walgreens is a great chain with more than 8,000 locations nationwide,” PayNearMe Chief Revenue Office Mike Kaplan told Gaming Today. “Walgreens is super convenient and recognized, and in New York you can’t go more than a mile or so without being near a Duane Reade location.”
The partnership between PayNearMe and Walgreens is one-way: players can only deposit money into their sportsbook or iGaming accounts. However, through their Cash Out at ATM with MoneyLine platform, PayNearMe offers methods for withdrawing cash at more than 18,000 locations.
PayNearMe payment processing is available at Walgreens in 17 states where sports betting and/or iGaming is legalized. In many states, they have partnerships with all of the the most popular sportsbooks. In New York for example, bettors can deposit money via PayNearMe into their FanDuel, DraftKings, Caesars, BetMGM, BetRivers, and PointsBet accounts starting today.
Why Some Bettors Prefer Cash
There are many reasons a bettor may prefer to deal with cash when betting on sports or online casino games.
- Reliability: with electronic cash money transfers there are no hassles with banking transfer glitches and delays.
- Desire to use cash as the source for all betting activity, for budgeting purposes.
- Wish not to use credit cards or debit cards for transactions with sportsbooks.
- Prefer to work within the lower limits associated with cash deposit transactions.
- Some players like the process of having to go to a location to add funds, allowing it to serve as another layer of responsible gaming.
“There’s a built-in ‘cooling-off period’ associated with leaving your house,” Kaplan explains.
How To Make Cash Deposits Using PayNearMe at Walgreens
Adding money to your sports betting account or online casino account is easy with PayNear Me:
- Opt-in to the PayNearMe payment option in your sports betting or online casino app.
- Retrieve a barcode associated uniquely with your account. The barcode can be printed or simply stored on your mobile device.
- Go to the nearest Walgreens location.
- Present the barcode to a Walgreens associate at the point of sale and pay the cash amount you wish to add to your sports betting or iGaming account. (Deposit limit is $500)
- The transaction is anonymous at the point of sale: the Walgreens associate does not know what you are paying for through PayNearMe.
- Your funds are deposited within seconds and available in your account.
- No withdrawals are possible and your personal information is not stored with Walgreens, which serves to merely facilitate the transaction in partnership with PayNearMe.
- PayNearMe does not store any of your billing or personal information from your transactions.
PayNearMe: A Commitment to Convenience and Reliability
PayNearMe has been providing convenient payment processing through their proprietary electronic cash network since 2009. Customers can use several methods, including ACH, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and Venmo through the PayNearMe platform. With the addition of Walgreens, PayNearMe cash payments are accepted at more than 40,000 retail locations in the U.S. including participating 7-Eleven, Walmart, Family Dollar, Casey’s General Stores, and ACE Cash Express.
“Since 2009 we’ve been working to add ways for customers to use cash and satisfy their payment needs,” Kaplan said. “When a customer uses PayNearMe they might be paying their landlord, making a car payment, or paying a parking ticket. All of the transactions are important to that customer and we help facilitate that convenience by supplying a reliable platform.”